Tax Credit & Loan Programs
Our comprehensive NMTC representation includes:
- NMTC University, which provides informative seminars and presentations to boards, investors, and employees on the NMTC program, detailing how NMTC transactions provide added value to an existing lending or business portfolio Formation and preparation of CDE certification applications for filing with the CDFI Fund
- NMTC Allocation Application review, assistance, and support
- Negotiation of NMTC Allocation Agreements
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting all aspects of equity and leveraged equity investments, loans, investments to qualified businesses, and other finance-related transactions
- Assisting and counseling clients in connection with reporting obligations and compliance.
- Nonprofit organizations and governmental municipalities
- Commercial and minority-owned banks, CDCs and CDFIs
- Developers, investors, leverage lenders and business owners
Renewable Energy Tax Credits
As renewable energy becomes more of a necessity for our environment and our country, we are uniquely positioned to advise clients in connection with structuring renewable energy and energy efficiency transactions to take advantage of a wide variety of energy tax incentives. Renewable Energy Tax Credits can also be combined with New Markets Tax Credits, federal and state tax credits and other sophisticated financing tools to deliver leveraged benefits to community development projects.
Our attorneys focus in multiple practice areas and have expertise in energy, project finance, tax, environmental matters, construction and financing of renewable energy facilities. Our attorneys have the experience to structure projects that involve solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and hydroelectricity.
We provide a variety of legal advice to our energy sector clients. Our attorneys enable clients to meet the challenges of Renewable Energy Tax Credit transactions. Our services include:
- Reviewing and negotiating lease agreements, operating agreements and power purchase agreements
- Reviewing site approvals, permits and licenses
- Participating in engineering, procurement and construction negotiations and real estate acquisitions